I don’t know why, but for some reason I decided to dust off my old high school yearbooks today. It was fun taking trips down memory lane-looking at pictures, remembering old friends, and reading everyone’s signed messages. Among the generic “Have a great summer!!” “Let’s party!” and “Don’t ever change!” were several passionate, dramatic, angst-filled letters from old loves. Nestled among all these was this lovely little gem that I just had to share:
“Your hot and I like your body. (insert name here)”
And that’s it.
Not even the perfunctory “Have a nice summer!”
I’ve been laughing off and on all morning about that one. Especially since, at least the last time I heard, the guy has spent a significant portion of our post high school years on the wrong side of law. Well that, and I am no longer hot…but I digress…
May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm always real annoyed with myself when I think back about how "awful" I thought my body was in high school :) Oh well... my kids think stretch marks are fascinating. ;)
giggle giggle snort chuckle
Ashley, I agree... I ish I could have the body I had back when I was in high school, as long as I could combine it with the wisdom and clear skin I have today.
Mama Hen - I'm a little slow sometimes. It was only recently I realized that the phrase "stay cool this summer" could take on multiple meanings. All this time, I thought my friends were telling me I was "cool," and over the past decade+, I never stopped to consider that "stay cool" could have anything to do with the temperature. I feel like an idiot sometimes.
Post a Comment