I've been in a cooking mood this week! It was cold, cold, cold all week, so I think that had something to do with it. On Thursday, the hubs got to work from home because there were lots of wrecks on the interstate, so he wouldn't have made it to the office until after 9. His boss told him to go home, finish working his cases, and call him if he had any questions. That was nice. He holed up in our bedroom with his laptop, and I found myself harassing him with regularity. I'm sure he enjoyed that aspect of his day ;)
We have a birthday boy in the house today! I can't believe my Collin Bug is 8! I think we will go bowling to celebrate.
I made Caleigh a tutu this week. I used this tutorial that my cousin used to make her girls their Christmas tutus. It's super easy, but takes a while. I am making a couple for Caitlyn for her birthday next month as well. She loves dress up.
I also made chocolate pie using this recipe from the Homesick Texan. Pure heaven. I even made the meringue topping. For some reason, meringue has always intimidated me. But it's EASY! If you get a chance, check out the Homesick Texan's other recipes. The chicken fried steak sounds divine! I am going to attempt it sometime this week.
The kids are settling back in to school. I still haven't figured out where Christmas break went. Oh well, we are taking a week off to attend my sister's wedding soon, so we will get some good family time in then as well :)
I guess that sums it all up!
January 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That pie looks SO good!
It was awesome! And easy!
Post a Comment