Yes, yes, we are still alive and well. I know it's been over a month since my last blog post. I'll try and do better...promise!
The kids are off and running at school. As usual, they are doing great. They all really like their teachers. Collin especially enjoys his advanced math and reading classes. He is hoping to be on the UIL team again this year. Last year, he was one of 6 2nd graders to be on the team, so he is hoping to be on it again, especially since the offerings are expanded for 3rd graders. I get to meet with his teacher on Monday to discuss his progress. He is also enjoying Scouting program. John is his leader, so I am glad about that. I really struggle with sending him to scouts...or really anything where I am not present. When he started attending, John or I would stay the entire time (this Mama Hen's not taking ANY chances!), so I am glad John has been put in as his leader.
Cameron is enjoying every aspect of school this year. He has a couple of psycho kids in his class, but I guess that's to be expected. He is in the advanced reading group, and so excited for that! He has lost several teeth, so he looks like a little jack-o-lantern. In fact, I think he will be one for Halloween this year. Cameron is a little book worm and continues to be a total sweetheart :)
Caitlyn LOVES kindergarten!!! Her teacher is SO fun! She seems to be a lot more social than my other kids, but she never gets in trouble, so that's good. Caitlyn is so GIRLY- she loves hair bows, jewelry (the bigger and more plastic-y, the better!), dolls, and PINK. She also has a bit of a tough streak, though, and loves riding her bike REALLY FAST!
Caleigh is so much fun. We have been going for walks every morning. She really enjoys going to the park. We walk around, then she gets to play for a bit, then we go home. She is busy, busy, busy all the time. She talks and talks now, too. I was worried about her for a bit because she was not talking much at all. This past month or two, however, she has really started talking a lot. She enjoys putting toilet paper in the bathtub and being a little teaser. I love her so much :)
John is also doing well :) He is making a career change. After throwing the idea around for about 6 months, he has decided to go back to school to become a Math teacher and a football coach. He is going to do taxes during tax season and do consulting work, assisting taxpayers with audits, but not actually representing them. Basically, he sees a need for small business owners and self-employed people to have someone to consult with regarding the audit process, but does not see the benefit of those people having a representative. Basically, he wants to help people get organized and ready to represent themselves. Ultimately, working for the IRS was not his cup of tea. It was definitely a great experience, and the job gave him a lot more confidence in his professional abilities, but his heart is in teaching/ coaching, so I think he'll be successful at that. He's still writing for the newspaper and covering football games.
I recently "ran" my first 5k (jogged half, walked half) and am doing another on November 6th. My life continues to be wife-dom, motherhood, and working out. I am looking forward to having John around more and to substitute teaching. I am also thinking about going back to school and finishing my masters degree. If I really buckle down, I should be able to finish in about a year. We'll see how motivated I get. Maybe I'll do it in the Fall...
I guess that about sums us up.
October 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Yeah, an update! Crazy changes! I'm sure John will excel in whatever he chooses! Sounds like some fun adventures are coming your way soon! Thanks for updating! I miss you!!
Wow, Jolyn!! Things are crazy around your house!! but i'm sure like always your handling it like a pro!! I'm excited for you guys that John will get to be close to home now and not have to commute anymore!! (fingers crossed:)) Good luck!!
Thanks guys! Teaching/ Coaching is so much more to his liking, so he should end up doing well with it. Plus, it will be nice not to be under Uncle Sam's microscope all the time (yearly audits, every five years renewing the security clearance, etc, etc...).
Post a Comment