Every morning the hubs and the baby are the first ones awake in the house. The baby serves as the family alarm clock, and since the hubs has to leave every morning by 6 to beat traffic, he wakes up with her, gets her breakfast, packs his lunch, and plays with her for a bit before leaving for the day.
This morning was no different, except that I laid awake in bed and listened to their early morning interactions. There's just something so heartwarming about listening to the man you love fawn over the baby you both love when you know that he is unaware of your eavesdropping. As he carried her in to me before leaving for the day, I took a minute to thank God for blessing me with him. And her. And the big kids. I don't know what I did to deserve the little family I have, but I feel honored to share my life with them.
December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I guess I missed alot of these. I am crying joyful tears right now, because I totally know the feeling of listening while people don't know you are. You have the best dad in the world. I used to "fake sleep" just to hear him pray over you, your brother and sister. Very Very heartwarming. Your family is beautiful and I love you with all my heart.
Post a Comment