The hubs' top secret present is coming along well. I am pretty sure I was busted yesterday when he returned home from work. He usually arrives home between 6:15 and 6:30, but he made it home right at 6, while I was still knee high in downloads and transfers. Hopefully my quick thinking ninja-like "switch to the facebook screen" move evaded him a bit. Probably not.
Please keep my grandfather in your prayers. He had a small stroke sometime last week. He should be alright, but it is just hard seeing him start to "show his age". Just a little about him. Quite simply, he is the most awesome grandpa anyone could ever wish for. He can talk to anyone, from a two year old grandchild to a PhD level Physics professor and engage them on their level. He has an insatiable love for science, mostly geology and physics. He was the one who most encouraged me to go to college and to study the sciences. When I first received my acceptance letter and scholarship paperwork to attend college, he was the first one I wanted to show. When I handed him the folder, he looked at it and tears came to his eyes. He grew up in a time when poor kids with Mexican mothers simply did not go on to higher education, but he has always been passionate about learning and has always encouraged his children and grandchildren to do well in school and go to college. He is always up for an adventure. Who else can say that their 80 year old grandfather still goes deer hunting (we all know it's really rock hunting!) every year? He's always upbeat and always has a way of making you feel like you are the most important person in the world when he's talking to you. I want to be like him when I grow up :)


No comments:
Post a Comment