I kind of wanted to play along with the thankful game on facebook, but then I put it off. I am, however, thankful for so many things in my life. Here are some of them:
1. I am thankful for God- for His direction in my life, for His mercy, and for His blessings.
2. I am thankful for John. He is the number one blessing that God has blessed me with. This man has stood by me through my highest highs and my lowest lows. I've never had to doubt his love for me. He always supports me in all that I do, and I am so glad we were able to be sealed in the temple last summer. Now I get to harass him FOREVER!
3. I am thankful for Collin. He is a little boy version of me, so he's pretty much the perfect kid ;) He was the little boy who first made me a mom. He inspire(d/s) me to better myself. He's such a good kid. I don't know what I did to deserve a son like him. He's my little dishes helper. My kitchen would be lost without him ;)
4. I am thankful for Cameron. He is John all over again. He is my gentle giant. He brings such a sweet spirit into our home. He is my laundry man, and I am so thankful for him and his willingness to serve, and the kindness with which he treats me and his little sisters.
5. I am thankful for Caitlyn. She is my sister Erin all over again! Oh boy, does she know how to tease! But she's also one of the sweetest, sassiest, spunkiest little girls I know. I LOVE watching her grow up. She is such a good sister and daughter.
6. I am thankful for Caleigh. I love this little girl SO much! I know you aren't supposed to have favorites. And, I know that if you do have a favorite, you aren't supposed to tell everyone, but Caleigh is my favorite! I think it's ok, though, because she's everyone else's favorite, too. I am so glad she is a part of our family!
7. I am thankful for our home- for the memories we are making here, that it keeps us warm in the winter and cool in the summer, and that we have a little space in the world to call our own.
8. I am thankful for my job. I am so glad to be able to contribute to our household financially, and to be in the position to help others who may need it. I feel so blessed to work for a company that pays me well and provides really good health benefits (that we can actually afford to USE!), as well as the "extras" (quarterly bonuses, annual bonuses, employee discounts, etc, etc, etc).
9. I am thankful for my (bio) parents. They gave me life. They sacrificed so much to give me a good life while I was growing up. They raised me with values and to have integrity. So many people don't have that, and I am so glad that I have that. They continue to sacrifice, and help me out in so many ways. I feel really blessed and lucky to have the parents I have.
10. I am thankful for my (step) parents- especially my (step) mom. My (step) mom is basically one of the most awesome people I have ever known. She never made me feel like a "step" kid, even though I was almost 18 by the time she and my dad got married. I am so glad she and my dad are married- I honestly can't imagine life without her!
11. I am thankful for siblings. I have a bond with my full-bio siblings that is different than the one I have with my step siblings and Layton, but I consider all of my brothers and sisters to be just that- brothers and sisters- no halves or steps. I'm thankful for that. I know in some "blended" families there is a division, but I honestly don't feel that with mine, and I am SO thankful for that!
12. I am thankful for my grandparents, and feel so lucky that my children have so many great-grandparents in their lives.
13. I am thankful for nieces and nephews. They make life fun!
14. I am thankful for facebook- that way when I run into family at Wal-Mart, I know what they look like, and don't feel like quite as much of a dork if I try to talk ;)
15. I am thankful for my coworkers. We keep each other semi-sane on those long shifts!
16. I am thankful for my cars- they get me and my family safely from point a to point b.
17. I am thankful for friends- old friends, new friends. They keep life interesting!
To be Continued...
November 22, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment