February 17, 2009

Hello again. Nice to see you

A couple months ago, I took the kids to the dentist for one of their twice yearly doses of scrubbing and fluoride. While we were there, the dentist wiggly waggled Collin's bottom two teeth and told me they would be exiting stage right sometime in the very near future. Time went by and the teeth stubbornly stayed put. They enjoyed the occasional wiggle and waggle, but their owner was determined to house them in his little oral cavity forever. The wiggly waggly teeth were soon forgotten.

Several weeks ago, I was assisting in a pre-bedtime scrubdown of Collin's deciduous dentition when a tiny speck of white caught my eye- a new tooth had erupted behind one of his wiggly waggly teeth! Overcome with fear, I found myself constantly nagging him regarding his wiggly waggly teeth. "Have you been wiggling it?!" "Let me try and wiggle that thing!!" Visions of orthodontic devices, malformed teeth and malocclusion filled my sleepless nights.



Until, as long last, Collin's dear cousin Tessa lost her first tooth. That, folks, was all the motivation this young man needed. Within days, the offending tooth was evicted. And as soon as I find my camera cord and the patience necessary to endure the hour long wait to upload a picture using TAMU-C free dial up internet, you will see my sweet little toothless guy :)

Until then, I will sleep better this week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad we could be of help! Tessa is ready to pull all of hers out, if it means the tooth fairy will "pay" her another visit! :)
Congrats Collin!

The Vakautakakala's said...

that picture of the teeth is ROTTEN!! How are you guys anyways? Have we really not seen you in over a week?!! and now you know why I don't always include pictures in my blogs, because it takes forrreeevvveeerrr!!

Ashley said...

That picture is HIDEOUS! And I was reading in the google reader, so it came through twice as big as it is on your blog. YUCK!

Mama Hen said...

-I played up the whole "you can't let your younger cousin lose teeth before you!" thing. A little peer pressure works wonders!

-Hahaha...google "malocclusion images". There are some doozies! Makes me so thankful to have inherited such good teeth!!!

-Jamie, are you guys going to be at playgroup today? Just FYI, you all (Leah, Molly and you!!!) owe Sara and me BIG TIME!!! We'll tell you why when we see you....

Lyn said...

That pic scared me! I knew it wasn't one of my babies, but I was confused at first...lol
I can't wait to see pictures of Collin's tooth. (or I should say, no tooth??)