July 12, 2010

Happy Birthday, Cameron!

My baby boy turned 7 this weekend. It's cliche, but I really don't know where the time went! It seems like just yesterday we were in the hospital, welcoming our little 9 lb 2 oz bundle of joy into our family. I blinked once and he was a toddler who loved his mommy and preferred his sippy cups warmed with two scoops of ovaltine and NOT SHAKEN (he loved the sludgy chocolaty goodness at the bottom of the cup). I blinked again and discovered that he had started PreK, learning, growing, and making friends filled his days. Once again I blinked and when I looked at him, he was blowing out 7 candles, reading chapter books, and writing the sweetest little stories a mother could read. I am truly cherishing this time in our lives and feel so blessed to have Cameron in my life. Here are 7 tidbits about my big little boy.

1. Cameron has always loved to swim, but he refused to set foot in the pool at all during his first two years of lessons. We would go to lessons and he would be excited to go, gather his towel, and run to the car. When we would arrive at the pool, he would bound out of the van, leaving me in the dust. But as soon as it was time for lessons to start, he would cling desperately to me in a chair on the side of the pool, bury his face against my chest, and refuse to even acknowledge his swim instructor, then as we were leaving exclaim, "I LOVE swimming lessons, Mom!"

2. He is in a constant growth spurt! It seems like I barely get him into clothes that fit, and he's off and growing again!

3. His feet are only one inch shorter than mine. And I have big feet (for a girlie)!

4. Every year, Cameron requests the same cake for his birthday- yellow cake, chocolate frosting, and M&Ms on the top. No candles, no singing, just make the cake, take the picture, and let's dig in!

5. Cameron LOVES bananas! He would eat them all day if he could. I always tell him he's part monkey.

6. Cameron gives the best hugs. He is my child who loves to snuggle and still lets me hug on him and snuggle. He is also quick to say "I love you", which melts my heart.

7. Cameron loves reading. I often find him up late at night with a chapter book. When I tell him to go to bed, he always replies, "just one more page, Mom!" Hopefully that love continues!

I love you Cameron. You are an awesome son!

No comments: