March 7, 2011

A day in the Life

Because I know one of these days my children will be grown, I thought it would be fun to chronicle a day in the life of ME. Today went something like this:

Sometime in the middle of the night- woke up to Caleigh climbing into bed with me to snuggle. Her little feet and hands were cold, so I bet she wiggled out of her blanket during the night.

Sometime later in the middle of the night- woke up to Caitlyn crying because she wanted to crawl into bed with me, but Caleigh and Cameron were already in bed, so there was no more room. She had to settle for sleeping on the couch.

Just before 6- woke up to Caleigh poking my eyes and nose with her little finger, then giggling when I tried to avoid her poking, prying little finger.

6:00 up and at 'em- set out the older children's clothes for school, switched over and folded a load of laundry, unloaded the dishwasher and reloaded the dishes that didn't fit the night before, checked e-mail, facebook, blogs, and bank account while waking up.

6:30 start waking the kids up. Collin got up first and got ready quickly. Got Cameron up, showered, and dressed. He's my kid who needs a daily shower. Caitlyn struggled to wake up because I let her stay up WAY too late last night. We stayed up playing Mario and eating hot cheetos and Ben and Jerry's strawberry cheesecake ice cream. Yum :)

Just before 7:00- John gets home early and brings ice cream sandwiches. That's a healthy breakfast, right? The morning routine goes especially smoothly this morning because of his bribery. Thanks, hon, you're the best! The kids eat breakfast at their schools, so I rarely cook breakfast. Total slacker.

7:20ish-7:30ish- got Collin on his bus and Cameron and Caitlyn on theirs. Collin attends one elementary school and Caitlyn and Cameron attend another. Caleigh and I hang out together. She eats breakfast and I start another load of laundry. After breakfast and morning routine (about 8:30), we lay down by John for a couple of hours.

10:30- Up and at 'em again. Caleigh watches her show on Netflix and I fold and put away laundry. I clean the bathroom and keep the laundry going. Also, sweep the front room, dining area and kitchen. We have hardwoods and "indoor/outdoor, no pile crap carpet", so I sweep everything. The vacuum cleaner is worthless in this house.

We spend most of the day alternating between watching shows, laundry and other household chores. Nothing too strenous, but we keep relatively busy.

A little before 4:00- the big kids come home, and we play outside for about an hour/ hour and a half.

When they come inside, I warm up corn dogs for dinner, and they think I'm the most awesome mom ever! We usually don't buy corn dogs, much less serve them as dinner, so they were REALLY excited!

Now it's 6:15. We're all gathered around the front room. Cameron is reading, I am blogging, Collin is yo-yo-ing, Caleigh is playing with her babies and doll house, and Caitlyn is playing Mario on Wii. In a few minutes we'll have family home evening (A Monday night Mormon thing). Homework is done, so after FHE, the kids will bathe and hit the hay.

Cameron has a field trip for school tomorrow. He is really excited for it.

Maybe I'll do this again, but with pictures. That might be a little bit more interesting :)

4 comments:

The Vakautakakala's said...

I can't believe you do laundry at 6:00 AM!!!!! (I'm thoroughly impressed!!) I don't even attempt to pry myself off of the couch until 9:00 AM, but you have inspired me to do a similar blog post:)!!

Mama Hen said...

It's usually just switching over the kids' hideous uniforms. I REFUSE to purchase more than I absolutely must.

The Vakautakakala's said...

Haha...that's true!! Ami refuses to wear a "plain collared shirt" anymore, thanks to our days at Commerce Elementary School!!

Mama Hen said...

lol- I'm going to burn them all in June. Every. Last. One...