March 10, 2011

I really am a good mom. Seriously. I promise!!

Tonight is one of those nights. I am tired, but my mind is going a hundred miles a minute. Today was a good day. A really good day. I went to the gym. I cooked a nice dinner. I spent some good quality time with Caleigh in the morning. The kids all came home in a good mood. Someone called the cops on us. Wait! Hold up. Really?! Seriously?!? Yup, it's true.

Cameron and Caitlyn were outside jumping on the trampoline. Collin was working on homework. Or reading. Caleigh was watching a show, and I had just taken the garlic bread out of the oven and sat down to rest for a bit when I heard Caitlyn scream. I went outside, and found her and Cameron fighting and pulling each others' hair. I told them to quit fighting, and they did. I stayed outside and watched their tricks. Collin soon joined us, and I watched all of their tricks for a while. Cameron went inside to grab an orange to munch on, and after he returned and we ate the orange, I went back inside to check on Caleigh. As I was heading back outside, I grabbed another orange, opened the door, and almost ran smack dab into Mr. Police Officer. His hand was poised and ready to knock on my door and everything. Awesome. Freakin' AWESOME. He told me one of the neighbors called because they heard a little girl screaming in my yard, so he needed to check on her. I told him that my son and daughter had previously been fighting on the trampoline, but that they were done, and led him to the back yard to talk to them.

Satisfied that nobody was in danger, he soon left and the kids and I had a nice little talk about why we don't scream bloody murder while playing in the yard.

Something tells me I won't be getting Mother of the Year this year either. Darn.

1 comment:

molly said...

it wasn't us, i promise!! that's so nuts!