May 7, 2011

Well, we're still alive and well. Let's see...what's gone on this past month???

We celebrated Easter by having an Easter egg hunt with John's side of the family. It was really fun! Caitlyn had a little accident on the trampoline right before we left, so she and I ended up in the ER for a "just in case" type visit. She had been teasing everyone all day, and had just been forced to sit and hug Cameron for 5 minutes after a particularly loud and frustrating fight. As soon as I let them get up, she and Cameron were jumping, and she took a bad bounce and ended up falling mouth-first into the metal ring of the trampoline. It was a VERY bloody injury. I ripped off her shirt and held it to her mouth, but it was soon soaked, so I sent Cameron in for a towel, and instructed Collin to watch Caleigh. Soon the bleeding was controlled, and I got a good look at her poor little mouth. Her front teeth were knocked loose, and the gums were swollen. She bit through the area right above her lip, and just missed the lipline border (lucky!). Her lip was hideously swollen. I didn't take any pictures at the hospital, but it looked like someone had some bad botox/ fillers ;-)

Caleigh is being evaluated for speech services sometime this week. We are so excited! I was worried because she does not talk much, so I finally called ECI, and scheduled a consultation. We had our initial visit last week, and should have her evaluation with the speech therapist this week. I'm so excited to be able to talk to my baby!

The boys are reading, reading, reading, and reading some more. Collin took his TAKS test, and we are excited to get his results back.

We are moving back to AZ in 30 days! I reserved our u-haul a couple of days ago, so it's officially official! Hopefully, some other news will be officially official soon, too, so it can be announced on the blog.

So tell me...did you miss me?

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Nice way to leave me hanging with the "other news"! ;)
Excited you guys will be back in the state soon. We'll have to make it down there again for a visit. :)

Ashley said...

That above comment was me by the way! Forgot to sign out of my email account!

Leah said...

I'm so happy you updated! Of course I missed you! I can't wait to hear your other news! Good luck packing! It's crazy to think that within two years of us leaving, everyone is gone now! Crazy!

Mama Hen said...

Ashley- I can't wait to be able to announce the "other news". Hopefully it will be official within the next several weeks :-) It will be so fun to be able to visit more often! The kids always talk about their "cousins from the computer" hehehe :)

Leah- You guys started the mass exodus from Texas! The packing will be the easy part...after 7 years in this little house, I'm thinking the painting and deep cleaning will do me in! Yikes!