I know you haven't been living under a rock this morning, so you are well aware of yesterday's happenings. I am sooo excited about the outcome of this election. Actually, I would have been excited either way! We could have either ended up having a woman one missed heart beat away from the presidency (awesome!!!!!!!) or we could have ended up with our first black president. What a great time to be alive. What a great time to live in the United States of America.
Here is his party nomination acceptance speech.
Here is the first part of his presidential acceptance speech. There is a link on it to watch the rest of it.
I cried when I listened to it. Bawled. Really. It made me think of my boys. What an inspiration! To go from the son of a single teenage mother to President of the United States- it restores my faith in our country. Just think, in less than 50 years, we have gone from Jim Crow to a black family in the White House.
Here are some of the things I love about him:
1. He is such an eloquent speaker- that will be a nice change ;o)
2. He will reunite our military families.
3. His wife is unafraid to keep him in his place (love that!)
4. He gives me hope.
5. He has injected some much needed energy into politics.
6. He writes his own speeches.
7. His childhood story is very inspiring.
Sure, there are plenty of things that I don't like about him, but that's not my focus today.
God Bless America!!!
"The American people have spoken, and they have spoken clearly." -John McCain
November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment