April 5, 2009

And here's a positive post...

As promised in the last post, I am doing another "positive" post.

This weekend was our church wide general conference. I love conference weekend. It is the only weekend when you can ditch church and not have the missionaries sent after you to stalk- I mean "fellowship" you "back into the fold." It is so nice to spend the day relaxing with your children and listening to the speakers give their inspirational messages.

While the kids and I were watching conference, President Monson was speaking, so I asked the kids who he was. Collin replied "Thomas S. Monson" (it was on the screen and he is a reader!). I congratulated him on getting it right, then asked the kids what his job is in our church. Caitlyn piped up and said "to talk into the microphone!!" She's so cute :-)

The kids were really excited to see the information about the new temples, and we kept rewinding the DVR and rewatching the part about the Gila Valley Temple. They were amazed to see that all the temples had "that one gold guy on top! Just like our temple!!" They pick up on the funniest things.

Here's to a new week and new adventures :-)

1 comment: