Yesterday the kids and I were dying Easter eggs. After we were done, I sent the "big kids" outside to have an Easter egg hunt. After they were outside for a little while I went outside to watch them. When I came back inside I found Caleigh COVERED in red food coloring! I wish I had a picture! Apparently one of the kids had left the red food coloring in her reach. She got it all over the wood flooring, had it all over her hands, chest, and legs, and was reaching out to grab me when she saw me. She got a good scrub down, and I was able to get most of it off.
***************************************************************
These past several weeks I have been dealing with a pinched sciatic nerve. The kids knew I was in quite a bit of pain, so one evening they came into my room and told me they were going to give me a manicure and pedicure "to make me feel better". They are so sweet and thoughtful.
****************************************************************
This Saturday (April 18th) marks the 2 year anniversary of my mother-in-law's cancer diagnosis. Time definitely has a way of marching on, doesn't it? After your life has been touched by cancer, it is amazing how many other people you meet who have also traveled that lonely road. What never ceases to amaze me, though, is how God lifts you throughout your trials. You don't realize it at the time, but looking back you can clearly see His hand guiding your decisions and offering protection.
****************************************************************
Yesterday, I cleaned and organized my kitchen. Before you get too impressed, you have to remember that my kitchen only has 2 large cupboards, 2 small ones, and 6 drawers. But it was still pretty messy and gross. Now I just need to get our clothes under control, and hopefully I can keep this crazy house clean.
****************************************************************
We are enjoying our Easter today. We are watching Mary Poppins, cooking play doh, and eating. I think some of us are going to try to make it to church, but if not, we will have a fun day home as a family. I hope everyone has a happy Easter!
April 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I like this!
Post a Comment