April 9, 2010

Feeling Great and Looking Better...

...that pretty much sums up my life lately.

The workout is still going well. I have a pair of jeans that I want to fit into before summer is over. I'm excited. It's a pair of jeans I purchased after Caleigh was born that I was able to fit into, but outgrew when I started gaining weight. I'm pretty confident they will be back in the rotation sometime soon.

If you noticed my ticker at the bottom of my page, you'll see that I am trying to lose a grand total of 90 pounds. That's a ton of weight, but I know I can do it. It will probably take about a year or a year and a half, but that's fine. The year will go by anyway, so at least I'm trying to get control of this aspect of my life. I think the next 40-50 pounds will come off pretty easy, but the final 30-40 might take some hard work. Right now, though, I am only worried about my next 10 pound increment. I really want to lose 25 pounds before the family campout in June, but we will see how that goes. It is in about 9 weeks, so it will be fun to see if I can make this goal.

In other family news...it looks like the taxman passed this first part of training. I'm proud of him. He's working hard to learn all the in's and outs of the tax code, and it's fun to see him in a career that he enjoys. Plus, there's just something about seeing your husband dressed up in office attire... He's playing softball in the old man slow pitch softball league. His team is horrible, but he's having fun. It's fun to sit in the stands with the other wives and cheer them on, too.

Collin earned his first award in scouts. He is almost done with his Wolf, too. We are hoping he can finish it this month, then he can move on to all the arrows. He likes scouts. I am pretty nervous about my kids doing activities that I am not directly involved in (it's the cop's kid in me I guess...everyone has the potential to be a "bad guy"- the older boy at church, the creepy old man at the convenience store, so and so's step dad...yikes!) but I really like his scout leader. He's a police officer, so I just feel comfortable letting Collin participate. It's nice.

Cameron is going through a bit of an ornery phase. He's sassy an obnoxious right now. It's so weird because he's always been my little angel child, but GEEZ he is totally trying my patience lately! I need to give him a little more one on one time. I really think that is what he needs.

Caitlyn is still loving school. She's such a tease. I don't know how she has survived these first 5 years...all she does is torture her brothers! She's fun though. She is looking forward to summer, especially to going to the swimming pool!

Caleigh has started talking!!!!!!! and a few more!!!!! She doesn't string words together yet, but she repeats and will say some words if she wants something. I am so excited for her :)

I guess that about wraps it all up. Have a great week :D

1 comment:

Lyn said...

I love your blogs....and I hate hate hate that I can't see you and the babies every day anymore....that makes me very very sad.