April 16, 2010

How about another weekly update?

I have a really bad case of "the blahs" this week. I didn't work out on Sunday, then missed Monday and Tuesday and only got in really short workouts on Wednesday and Thursday. I am absolutely CRAVING a good, old-fashioned run 'til you think you'll die, lift 'til your legs and arms are jell-o, leaves you sore for days type workout. Tonight at 9, that gym's all mine :D

Despite my "off" week, however, I somehow managed to lose another two pounds. This brings my grand total to 12 pounds. Woohoo! 12 down 78 more to go. Ugh...78...What the?!? Oh well, I'm 12 closer than I was a month ago, so that's gotta count for something. I just need to focus on the little milestones. You know, like going from Obese Type II to just plain Obese Type I. Gee...that makes me feel so much better. I'm no longer a big, fat frickin' cow, I'm now just a big fat cow. Whooptie do! In all serious, though, I am really proud of myself for losing this weight and finally choosing to be proactive about my weight and health. I've accomplished 13.3% of my goal in just this first month. Wow! That is amazing! If I am able to continually lose at this same rate, I should reach my goal in another 6.5 months, which means that by Thanksgiving I could possibly be at my goal weight. What the heck?! That would be amazing! I'm so excited to get back into the "normal-sized" world. Ahhh...single digit sized clothes, here I come!

This week's goals:
Lose 3+ pounds
Keep eating fruits and veggies w/lean meats
Run 4 minutes on the treadmill without dying.
Cardio 6 days/ Weights 3 days

3 comments:

Lyn said...

I'm proud of you Jodi!

The Vakautakakala's said...

Good Job, I wish I was there so you could train me!! I'm HORRIBLE at working out, and am always in need of a good motivator!!

Mama Hen said...

Thanks Mom!

Jamie- We would have so much fun!