I've been working out and eating better for six weeks now. I have lost 14 pounds and have had to purchase my first pair of "new" (to me) jeans. As far as the "diet" portion of this thing goes, I am eating lots of fruit and trying to eat more veggies. I discovered that I actually (somewhat)enjoy veggies. I buy the frozen ones, then heat them on the stove and serve with Cajun seasoning. They are actually pretty good :D When I'm super hungry, I can fill up on veggies, and most are less than 200 calories for an entire bag. It's great for those "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse" days. I also like tuna with a bit of fat free Italian dressing sprinkled over the top. This week, I've been eating a lot of spinach salads. I take spinach and sprinkle Parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese over the top, then drizzle a little bit of Kraft Caesar Vinaigrette with Parmesan over the top- pure heaven on a plate, let me tell you. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
It has a strong taste, so a little bit goes a long way. Yum! (and no, this is not an ad for them. I just really like this dressing :D )
The best part of this lifestyle change is my kids are right there with me. In the morning, they ask me how my workout went, and how much weight I lifted. It's cool. They think I'm a superhero. We are all eating better and getting out and doing stuff together. It's great!
2 comments:
I'm so proud of you. You are an inspiration to me to get healthy!!!
WAY TO GO!!! I think that you are AWESOME for keeping this up for 6 weeks, now!! I love that you are documenting it!! :)
Here's to HEALTH!! Because you ain't got NOTHING if you ain't got your HEALTH! :)
Post a Comment