April 5, 2010

First 10 down....

....lots more 10s to go.

Today, I officially met my first 10 pound weight goal. Ahhhh!!! I'm so excited!!!

As far as the workout goes, I am focusing mainly on weights right now. Apparently, I developed a bit of a bum knee because I did too much, too soon. I've let it rest a couple days, and it already feels lots better. I am going to rest it the remainder of the week, the gradually work back into full cardio mode. I have to remember slow and steady wins the race! But it's hard because I want this weight gone...NOW! :)

The diet is still somewhat restricted, but with a "splurge" meal here and there too keep the ol' metabolism guessing. I should probably try to add in some veggies here and there, but honestly, I hate 'em, so I don't want to.

Saturday was my leg day, so I really felt like I killed it. I was feeling really proud of myself because I leg pressed 360 (4 plates on each side) 3x. Then I checked online to see if my form was correct and came across an article that said that Madeleine Albright leg presses 400.



Yup...I'm not feeling so tough now. Oh well, right?

I am really enjoying lifting weights again. My legs are really sore right now, but I like it- it's a nice change.

The kids enjoyed Easter, and John and I enjoyed General Conference. The Easter Bunny found us and left a little bit of chocolate and some jelly beans. Yum!

Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Good work! I know several people who swim for cardio because it's easier on all the joints....but I feel like I'm on the verge of a heart attack after one lap, so I guess I'm a wimp :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jodi! Your blog is getting me motivated (that and the fact that I am running out of clothes that fit)!