September 24, 2008

Mean Mommy

Today is picture day at school. I was trying to figure out how to pay for the boys' pictures (we don't do checks- so 20th century!), and sent Collin into the bathroom to do his hair. He is usually pretty good about doing his hair, so I didn't think twice about leaving him to do it himself. Well, today he decided he needed to make it "special" because it is picture day. I didn't really pay attention until we got into the car and realized that his hair was DRENCHED in gel! He must have used about half the tub!! I tried to salvage it with a brush, but it was at that "kindof starting to dry, but still really gooey" stage, so my efforts poved futile. I took him inside and dunked his head under the bathroom sink and scrubbed, scrubbed, scrubbed. Finally it all came out and I was able to comb his hair. Needless to say, he did NOT like how I did his hair, so when we went back outside, he sat in the back of the van and messed his hair back up on the way to school. I griped at him for messing his hair up again; he whined at me for making him look like such a dork, and we were both less than pleasant to each other. Ugh...if elementary school is this fun, I just can't wait for the teen years...

1 comment:

Ashley said...

That's hilarious.
I too am dreading the teen years....our house is going to be SERIOUS estrogen overload zone!