




I can't believe my little Collin Bug is 7 years old today! It's amazing to think about how things change, yet how they also stay the same. Collin was born at 1940 on 1.9.02 at Mt. Graham Community Hospital. My due date was New Years day, so after the week of no action, we opted for an induction. As deliveries go, it went really well. I had a couple of doses of Demerol (or whatever iv narcotic they allow at Mt. Graham)and only yelled at John a couple times. Something about him diverting his attention from me to the TV to check a football score while I was transitioning kind of set me off. Poor guy ;o) Dr. Jones delivered Collin. She was awesome. I keep saying this, but if we have another child, I am going home to deliver. I am so sick of my Texas MD's- I love my clinic back home! :o)
To be totally honest, Collin was a pretty demanding baby, but I knew no different, so I went along with it. My pregnancy was really rough. I was so, so, so sick. I couldn't keep anything down except for Breyers Vanilla ice cream. And it had to be from the pint. The Breyers driver who stayed at the hotel where I worked would leave me pints of ice cream when he was in town because I had mentioned in passing one day during breakfast that his ice cream was the only thing that agreed with my baby. I could eat about three small bites at a sitting, then it was back to being blah! About half way through the pregnancy, I had to be hospitalized for dehydration. It was quite lovely. He was worth it, though! He is growing into a great boy! I love my big boy Collin!
Happy Birthday Collinisimo!


No comments:
Post a Comment