I debated whether or not to post this, but I am going to go ahead and do it. It's so hard to ask for help for your own "problems"
Caleigh had her 6 month well check on Wednesday. For the last month or two I have been concerned about her because she is so small. To give you an idea of exactly how small she is, she still wears size 0-3 month clothes. My kids NEVER wear that size longer than about 3 weeks. I had to actually buy her more clothes because her 4-6 onesies/outfits I originally purchased for her were getting a little bit ratty. When she was weighed, I was shocked to learn that she only weighs 11 lb 11 oz. For a 6 month old baby, this is way too small. When her Dr. plotted her growth on the chart, she was way below normal. He strongly recommended that I start supplementing and requested that I keep a feeding journal to bring to her next weight check. We both feel supplementing will cause her to gain weight, but he did warn me that if she does not gain a "significant amount" of weight in the next 2 weeks, he would hospitalize her.
So far, it seems like supplementation is working, but please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. She seems like she is gaining weight well, so my main concern is getting/keeping her (back) on track with her developmental milestones.
January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
If it's any comfort...my youngest only weighed 13 lbs. at 6 months. She's still on the small end for her age. The doctor said we didn't have to worry about her size too much as long as her rate of growth was consistent.
We'll be praying for you guys.:)
So - I typed a comment and hen it didn't work.... :)
We will be keeping the little cutie in our prayers!! Riya is a few pounds below "normal" as well.
How big was she when she was born??
that was supposed to say "then" not "hen" :P
If you need anything just let us know!! You're such a good mom, I'm absolutely sure you are doing everything you can for her!!
Thanks guys :)
Post a Comment