****Sorry- I just could not stand seeing the "e" and the end of "shoooooose"****
This morning, as I always do, I drove the kids to school. Usually when I pull into our parking spot Cameron and I have a conversation that goes something like this "MOOOOOMMMMMM! TIE MYYYY SHOOOOOOOOES! TIE MYYY SHOOOOOES! TIE MY SHOOES! TIE MYYY SHOOOES! TIE MY SHOES! TIE MY SHOES! TIEMYSHOESTIEMYSHOESTIEMYSHOOOOOOES!!!!!!!" So I ever so calmly* walk to his side and tie his darling little shoes. This morning, however, was different! Instead of beckoning me to tie, he implored me to WAIT! "I CAN DOOO IT!" he kindly informed me, and proceeded to spend the next 5 minutes deftly fumbling with his laces until they vaguely resembled a pair of lopsided bunny ears**. I didn't dare touch them. I didn't dare! Nor did I inform him that his beloved, newly bunny-eared shoes appeared to be on the wrong feet. No, my friends, some days it is best to revel in life's small victories.
*ok, not THAT calmly
**apparently, his teacher got sick of tying 21 pairs of shoes several times a day and conducted a week long shoe tying seminar- I imagine it was kind of like professional development for kindergartners minus the nice resort and daily per diem allowance.
See Ashley, you're not the only failure in the bunch- it MUST be genetic =)
October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
How lucky for you! I left town for a few days and came home to find daddy was teaching her a completely different way than I had been; so now she's totally screwed up:( poor kid!
Wow! I'm feeling the pressure!!! Tessa doesn't know how, and I keep saying "we'll work on it another time"! Ok...but HEEELLLOOO we live in Phoenix, she wears tie up shoes on P.E. days only! Other than that, we're flip-flop and sandals kids! Non-the-less...she's 5 1/2, guess we better work on it! I used to tell my kindergarteners, "after Christmas break, I don't tie shoes anymore!" MEAN,MEAN,MEAN! lol
Post a Comment