Tonight the kids and I went to the park to blow off some steam before bedtime. I noticed several ambulances, firetrucks, and police officers at the park and wondered what happened. The officers had a BBQ grill, so I figured they were simply having a departmental picnic, and decided to stop and let the kids play. We got settled in and one of the officers approached me. I thought he was going to get after me for allowing the kids to climb on the slide wrong or something (yeah, I'm that much of a goody two shoes and really did think they would get after me for something that stupid...remember, I WAS raised in an LE family, so I know how crazy those dang rooks are!). Well, apparently tonight was Texas' Night Out, and we were the ONLY civilians in the ENTIRE park! The officer invited us over, and the firemen, policemen and EMTs loaded the kids up with all the coloring books, pens, pencils, stickers, and other knickknacks they could carry! It was so cool! The officer and I talked for quite a while about night out, and he invited me to bring the kids by for a tour of the new fire and police complex. Since we were the only ones there, the reporter from our local newspaper took several pictures and told me we would be in the newspaper! Too bad I was all scuzzed out from a long day at home! Oh well! It will be fun to see the article.
Besides that, today was pretty uneventful. The kids have a half-day tomorrow =) I am so excited to spend some extra time with my boys! Also, I have my first Virology test tomorrow! I'm excited!
I also took some time to write about my family. I love them so much! The pictures I put up are a little old, but as soon as I find my camera cord I really will post new ones!
October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment