It is no secret that I am not the best housekeeper in the universe. Part of it is having so many people in such a small space. Part of it is having too much stuff, and most of it is my inability or lack of desire to do anything about it (there, I said it...admitting you have a problem is the first step in recovery, right?). Growing up, we always had one of those magical self-cleaning houses. My mom's idea of making us help out around the house was making us lift our feet so she could vacuum under them each morning while we watched TV. When she got too busy running her computer business to keep up with the house, we had a cleaning lady come and clean 2-3 times a week. Well, now that I'm on my own, my house no longer magically cleans itself. And I don't like that!
I like getting into the habit of keeping things cleaned and picked up, BUT when I am lazy I mean, BUSY, for a day or two (or 10- gotta keep it real) everything totally spirals out of control. Well, I am trying to get the house clean and orderly again. I am starting with a basic surface cleaning. Here is what I am hoping to accomplish today. Just 3 rooms:
Front Room (pick up, sweep)
Kitchen (dishes, sweep, mop, wipe surfaces)
Dining Room (sweep, mop, wipe surfaces)
I'll cross them off as I finish them :o)
December 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I'll come and help! hehe We clean well together! : )
Sounds fun ;o) But, I really want my kids to grow up with their nanny...
That made me laugh so hard!!!!!
When I read this again, I laughed.... again. Then I was thinking about how your life really is. You do the things with your kids that matter. I learned that living near you in Texas. Hanging out with you, I'd be exhausted by mid-morning....but you are like the energizer bunny that keeps on going. NEVER do you have one project, game to coach, library to visit, museum to take the kids to.....Park to have a picnic at.. McDonalds to let the kids eat and play at for a long time....even at the end of the day going to the University to cricket squash. You never stop. So....Hell with the house...hehe You are a GREAT MOM!!! I probably should have done more of that and less of the cleaning...
I'm very proud of you Jolyn!
Post a Comment