December 9, 2008

I am taking a break from cleaning my messy house for a bit to relax, and decided to do a quick update :o) John's graduation is Saturday, and we are really excited!!!!! Now he just needs to find a new job. Or I need to find one...

I started flylady again. Maybe this time it will stick. Every time I start over, I realize that it doesn't take nearly as long to get back in the swing of things as it did the time before, so I know progress is being made even though it usually doesn't look like it when I look at my house...

My dad wrote me an email this morning about one of the officers back home. Apparently, he was stopped assisting a motorist, and was shot at close range in the abdomen. He was wearing his vest, so he will likely be okay, but suffice it to say, I am so glad my dad is out of the business. This is every cop's kid's worst nightmare. I haven't been in contact with his daughter for years, but we were buddies growing up. If she comes across this, I hope she knows my thoughts and prayers are with her.

Other than that, we are finishing up our last minute projects and essays for school and deciding what to do with ourselves next semester. I think we will stay here for another year or two, but if something works out to get us closer to "home", we'll jump on it :o)

On Thursday I am going to post about our AZ trip and some fun pictures from the kids' holiday programs. Stay tuned....

Okay, I really need to clean and study!!! Seriously.

1 comment:

John and Sara Roylance said...

I've done flylady before - sort of adapted it to fit my own style though... :)
I look forward to pictures from your trip!!